Freshwater Clam Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok, how active are they? I dropped in 6 at about 3pm, its 6pm now and not a single one has moved at all. Problem?

mine didnt move that much for a couple hours.. next day i coudlnt find them so i looked and found them, put the on the sand, and they started to dig again. once their under the sand they dont move much..

maybe their still acclimating

How long should I give them? If they have not moved by tomorrow morning can I be certain that I got dead clams in the mail?

krap101 said:
well when i put mine in i was sure they were dead.. but one kinda spazed a lil

What do you mean. Were they all alive? Or did some turn out to be dead after all. I expected SOME movement.

hey guys

mine 2 dug in and 3rd is always on the top. and all are alive. i had them in the center of the tank when i first got them. 2 dug right away. and 3rd never did. i think he likes the surface.

zilla870 said:
hey guys

mine 2 dug in and 3rd is always on the top. and all are alive. i had them in the center of the tank when i first got them. 2 dug right away. and 3rd never did. i think he likes the surface.

So how do you know the third is alive?

zilla870 said:
i have seen his filters out and he stuck his foot out yesterday.

Do the filters kind of look like the jaws of a Venus Flytrap? If so, 4 of my six have that going on, the other two are shut up tight.

Mine are all in the EXACT same position as when I put them in the tank. Frankly, I'm a little worried :?

Back
Top Bottom