Freshwater Clams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought 6 FW clams when I had my 55g FW setup. They were really cool to watch but 1 by one, over time, they either got eaten or died on their own. I personally wont be buying any more. I didnt see any benefit to having them myself.

I have had many freshwater golden clams in my tanks over the years. They have always thrived and grew. Never did I have to worry about feeding them They will take care of themselves as long as you maintain proper water conditions.
I was selling them a while back in the classified section of this forum.
They are a great addition to any well maintained tank.

I have had many freshwater golden clams in my tanks over the years. They have always thrived and grew. Never did I have to worry about feeding them They will take care of themselves as long as you maintain proper water conditions.
I was selling them a while back in the classified section of this forum.
They are a great addition to any well maintained tank.
Did you have lots of live plants or maybe a shrimp species with a larval stage that the clam ate?

I have live plants in all my tanks that have clams in them. The clams are microfilter feeders. They will filter out debris in the water. they are partial burrowers so a fine substrate is the best.

Back
Top Bottom