FRESHWATER dwarf puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insecurity

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've finally settled on a dwarf puffer setup for my bedroom tank. Here's my tentative plan. Give me advice or tips if you think I need to change a few things.

I'm thinking a 20gallon long tank, filtered with a Fluval U3.

As for the dwarf puffers themselves, I doubt any of my local LFS' have then, but two of them accept special orders and will get what you want. The problem? Seeing as there is a LOT of internet lore saying that dwarf puffers are brackish, when I know they are freshwater- how do I make sure they order the right type of puffers?

Maybe try looking at the scientific name instead of the common name? I've never custom ordered a fish, but at least the scientific name is specifically one type of fish, whereas the common name can be a couple.

Lfs also get scientific names wrong sometime, but its better than using common such as dwarf puffer.

Dont pay until you see the puffer and feel 100% certain that you have a dp. Ok to take pic and post on this forum for ID if you are not certain.

Thanks BettaGal & Terrance- turns out one store actually stocks the cute lil fishes. They only had one, and by its size, I'm assuming its only a few weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom