Freshwater eels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya they are fine in a newely cycled tank. But i would worry about that space were the filter is (unless you get kuhli loaches). Eels are known to stand on there tails and push themselves between the space. Tape something over the space and you should be set.

ok if I got like 5 Kuhli loaches... What else could I add to my tank? Would that pretty much take up the capacity?

Eels are very finicky about water quality.. just ensure your tank is actually cycled before adding one. And as stated above be sure there are no openings in the lid.

no that wouldnt take up much capacity khulis have a very small bioload.you would prob be able to get many more fish

if you get kulis you might want to put a sponge/screen over the filter intake. they like to get into tight spaces and i lost a kuli that way once. it got in and couldnt get out.

Kuhli loaches are a community fish, so you are good for any community fish you want.

Awesome. I think I will go with those then! Looks like they keep the substrate pretty clean too.

yes they do keep the subtrate pretty clean.good luck with them .when you get them make sure u post pics

Lol...because of this thread..i went out and bought 3 Kuhlie Loaches. They are awesome. They have little seal faces. :) I switched to Pool Filter Sand, and they seem to have trouble digging into it. lol

Back
Top Bottom