Freshwater Fish Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatfishGirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a pretty aggressive tank.. lol
Im looking to start over for a more peaceful community tank after I rehome my cichlids, alligator gar, and red tail catfish.
I have a huge 450 Gallon tank, with a sand bottom and both silk and plastic plants because my plecos eat them in a matter of minutes if their live plants.
Send me your suggestions, im willing to look at anything from fancy guppies and neons to pacu and stingrays.

:fish2::fish1:Im always willing to learn so teach me as much as you'd like.

I would get a few MASSIVE schools of some nice schoolers. Preferably cheap, too. My favorites are rummynose, neons, and most of all Brilliant Rasboras. They are beautiful fish, and school closely. I would also get some GBRs, maybe a few BN plecos, possibly some hatchetfish and/or angelfish.
I'm going to get a big tank like that someday, but for now I have a 40b

if it was me I would do a huge frontosa tank. I also like your idea of a stingray tank that would be awesome

Cyphotilapia_frontosa_4.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421979760.972993.jpg

Flashback to the guy that was on here with a 1000g tank and rays. Rays are so cool i would like to have one some day.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

I second the Frontosa tank. Order some nice Moba or Bue Zaires I don't know of anyone that breeds them in the North East. You could easily breed in a 450.

Or go SW get some nice Angels and Triggers and a big group of Damsels and Chromis

I second the Frontosa tank. Order some nice Moba or Bue Zaires I don't know of anyone that breeds them in the North East. You could easily breed in a 450.

Or go SW get some nice Angels and Triggers and a big group of Damsels and Chromis

I know people that breed them and can get them for her right here in NJ

I know people that breed them and can get them for her right here in NJ

Really!? who has them? I looked forever seems like only the west coast guys can get them at a reasonable price.

PS Good luck with the snow. Hope it doesn't hit as hard as they are saying.

Really!? who has them? I looked forever seems like only the west coast guys can get them at a reasonable price.

PS Good luck with the snow. Hope it doesn't hit as hard as they are saying.

we didn't get hit that hard here around NYC. Looks like New England was hit the hardest. I was prepared anyway just in case.

If you really want frontosa I can put you in touch with a few people

Sharks sharks sharks!!!! It might be better if your tank was cylindrical, but sharks are frickin cool!

My stock for a tank that big:

Half land half water,

a corn snake

lots and lots of cories

and a few angelfish!!

haha don't know if it would work with the snake but whatever just kind of fun to imagine

Nils

You could do a native species tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would totally get some angels. They could really thrive in a tank that size, and nothing is cooler than a large angel fish. Id also get some rainbows, congo tetras, maybe some honey gouramis, and a few large schools. Rasboras are cool, as are black neons or even emperor tetras.

Not enough people keep silver dollars. That would be an awesome tank for a group of them especially if it's not being planted haha.

Back
Top Bottom