freshwater lionfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, i was mad at first for basically being lied to. they were always good about being honest in the past about NOT recommending fish, but they got me on this one.

the guy at my lfs has a big one, said its brackish, and can sting ! and if your allergic can put you in the hospital, he says he knows a guy with 3... they sit with their heads popping out of this rock/stump thing untill you put feeder fish in there,then they rise above it, and like ligtning inhale the feeder fish

kukerdan said:
the guy at my lfs has a big one, said its brackish, and can sting ! and if your allergic can put you in the hospital, he says he knows a guy with 3... they sit with their heads popping out of this rock/stump thing untill you put feeder fish in there,then they rise above it, and like ligtning inhale the feeder fish

you don't have to be allergic, they carry an extremely deadly neuro-toxin in tiny microscopic spines along their bodies and fins. you need to be VERY careful handling these fish. They're best left to the very advanced fishkeepers. One wrong move and you're in an ambulance, or worse dead. Some areas don't have the anti-venom on hand because of lack of demand. It's the same venom normal stonefish have.

Back
Top Bottom