Freshwater pipefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tetrafan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anybody here have feeding suggestions so far I've tried bloodworms an brine shrimp he doesn't seem
To eat that much will this sustain him? I got this fish as an impulse and would like to see it thrive...

What other kind of food is recommended and just 1 in the tank?

What's your setup like and is the tank cycled?

EDIT: Interestingly enough, even though it's called a FW pipefish, many are listed as BW inhabitants (lost me there lol). Cool looking fish though :). They also eat Daphnia and microworms and are apparently, quiet difficult to feed at times.

I assume that you are feeding frozen food? Perhaps a live source of either of those to get things started. It may be possible to wean it off live food, but I am just guessing, as I have no familiarity with that fish.

I have a 38 gallon tank that's about 3 months old half is planted and half has driftwood and moss balls I have 25 tetras and a khuli loach an albino weather loach a adf (hand fed) and four sterbai corries and the pipe fish

Pics of the fish and tank

Attachments

• image-2890078633.jpg
    image-2890078633.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 149
  • image-3999922399.jpg
    image-3999922399.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 158
I'll preface this by saying I know nothing about your pipefish, but have you tried target feeding it? A turkey baster or syringe might work. Like BillD mentioned, live food might be a good way to get a feeding response going.

Ive tried feeding it with giant tweezers it seems to only take very little at a time...

Back
Top Bottom