FreshWater Stingrays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrismac

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have em?

I noticed that a lfs that is not so local to me, but is worth going to visit has them and I was wondering what people though of them and what they are compatable with and what a good tank size would be for these guys?

not to sure if I want them I figured i could probley put em in whith the Cichlids but not sure.

Thanks Guys and Gals
Chris

I saw one at my lfs, and they're freakin' cool looking!!! I don't know anything about care though, and it was sold/in quarantine. I'm betting it was a special order but will ask my next trip down there. They know everything at that store.

i have found bits of information about them before. basically their names and size! sorry i cant help. i really dont know, but you may benifit from asking around at various fish/pet shops?

Yeah they don't sell em here I would have to go out of province
the store in Nova Scotia said they sell them on thier website but just listed they sell them no info.

I found this site but i'm not sure?? This guy's site he said he's new to keeping them but by the looks of it he has quite a few of them.
they like to eat meaty foods anyway I don't think my substrate would benefit them very well. plus I don't know what size tank would be good for them?? I know I could fit them in one of our tanks but that would probley would lead to removing other fish which I don't think we want to do?? maybe later on lol.
Chris.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/5590/ray.html

I imagine they would need quite a bit of careful care.
I'll never forget the day at the London Aquarium when I felt one - amazing to touch !

i would kill to have a stingray!
in perth there are all these touch pools with barbless stingrays and other stuff, thats kool
And at the beach you can sumtimes touch them, i touch one about 4 feet across at this inlet we went to skurf at, that was uber kool!

I've Step on many of Wild Saltwate rays,
Seen lots of them diving aswell they are really cool its really freaky at times when you swim by and you see everything looking normal and cool and all of a sudden one starts to zip off. really cool when you spot a camode animal in the wild reveal its self like that.
Chris.

I've seen a ton of them in Cozumel every year of the saltwater variety, but not these freshwater variety. They look fairly neat, but they seem like they can be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom