Friends for a Mixed Fruit Teta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b.rex

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OKay first things first, I know that the Tetra is a dyed fish, I did not know that when I purchased him. I figured that it was kinda like the glofish thing and that they were born this way. I feel really dumb for not looking it up, but it was an impulse buy and I feel horrible about how they dye them. I will not be purchasing anymore in the future.

I had originally bought two of these fish, a blue and a red. Well the blue did shortly after we brought him home. No apparent sign of disease, my parameters were normal, and no other fish seemed ill or ended up dying. So now I'm stuck with one lonely Barry.

He's in a 20 gall right now with 6 bloodfin tetras, two Serpeis, and 4 bronze cory cats. We are moving them to a new bigger 55 gall this weekend so I figured now would be a good time to maybe give him some friends.

He's not being picked on by the other fish and he doesnt appear to be unhappy, I just want him to have friends. The only thing he really cares for is my cat. My cat comes and sits by his tank and he'll swim there and show off for him. And my cat will "swat" at him and let him follow his paws. Its cute, but it makes me sad when my cat ignores him.

So is there any advice of something I might can put in there to make him happy?

Thank you for any advice or guidance.

Back
Top Bottom