Friends tank broke!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know. She had a 55 gallon tank. I decided to take your advice. After ten minutes with the other fish all of my glofish were hiding and annoyed so I moved them. (the gourami was picking on the glofish. I thought they got along?) but they seem much happier now.

they may get along, but one of the problems with overstocking your tank is they don't get along so well anymore :nono:

glad you moved them. I really think that is going to be the best choice for you.

are you moving from 10 gallon to 10 gallon? what you might also want to do is switch the filters - take the one that was on the tank with the glofish and put it with them now and move the other one to the tank with all the foster babies. this way the filter with the glofish should be able to sustain them since it was in their old tank and the new guys can have the new filter that is still cycling. does that make any sense?

HeatherW said:
they may get along, but one of the problems with overstocking your tank is they don't get along so well anymore :nono:

glad you moved them. I really think that is going to be the best choice for you.

are you moving from 10 gallon to 10 gallon? what you might also want to do is switch the filters - take the one that was on the tank with the glofish and put it with them now and move the other one to the tank with all the foster babies. this way the filter with the glofish should be able to sustain them since it was in their old tank and the new guys can have the new filter that is still cycling. does that make any sense?

It makes great sense. I will get right on that. I'm so angry at the gourami thou. Haha. I seen a surviving glofish fry in the old tank (surprised me) I went to get the net turned around and the gourami gobbled it up. :( I didn't see anymore. I looked forever! Haha oh well, it's only his instinct.

Reminds me of when I had won killifish at an auction and put them into my blood parrot tank, thinking they were too big for the BPs to actually eat. Little did I know that BPs have a hoover vaccuum setting and all it took was one BP snorting a killi right down the hatch, then the other BPs figured it looked like fun. I was frantic with the net and only saved 3 killifish. Broke my heart.

It's one of those cases where you learn from your mistakes. :ermm:

LyndaB said:
Reminds me of when I had won killifish at an auction and put them into my blood parrot tank, thinking they were too big for the BPs to actually eat. Little did I know that BPs have a hoover vaccuum setting and all it took was one BP snorting a killi right down the hatch, then the other BPs figured it looked like fun. I was frantic with the net and only saved 3 killifish. Broke my heart.

It's one of those cases where you learn from your mistakes. :ermm:

I didn't even know I had female glofish! Haha but the little thing was bright yellow so it wasnt one of her mollies haha. I actually found four more in the rocks so I netted them up and hung them (in the net) on the side of the tank. I lost one but the others are eating the crushed up flakes I left for them. :) no worries, I'm getting a breeder net tomorrow since there are only three left, it shouldnt stunt their growth. And I'm only leavin them in there long enough for my new glofish tank to finish cycling.

How do you know its a female. Usually with zebra danios you can only guess if she is fat enough. I had bred them when i was younger which doesnt make me an expert at all i am just curious.

BrackAttack said:
How do you know its a female. Usually with zebra danios you can only guess if she is fat enough. I had bred them when i was younger which doesnt make me an expert at all i am just curious.

The female ones look almost muscular, buff I guess. Because they are so plump with eggs and the males are slim and not muscular looking. Haha

Back
Top Bottom