Froggie Makes the Jump!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vcorey04

Aquarium Advice Activist
so, you'll never guess what i woke up to today....

first my dog,

then my dog's surprised face...

Finally, my african dwarf frog next to my bed!

how did he get out?! and survive none-the-less:frog::shocked!::ninja::lol:

Don't know what your set-up is, but I make sure the Craws in my tanks can't climb out.

I have some open space above the water line but nothing for it to climb out on.

You're lucky the frog went close to you and not under the 'fridge or something. Then you'd have found it when you were moving...

Supposedly, they can jump out of the tank. They also get a lot of momentum on the way up to gulp air and can sometimes pop through any openings you have in the tank.

Are there gaps around the hood? If so, you could buy window screen material from a home improvement store to place along the openings to prevent the frog from getting out again.

You are lucky! More than once, I found my blue crayfish out for a stroll or the cats found him for me. Then one day, he wasn't in his tank. I looked and looked--finally found him under the fridge :( Definitely cover up any openings in that tank and check them frequently!

I have an african clawed frog, quite a bit larger than the ADF. He managed to get out of a slit in the tank less than an inch wide. Don't know how but if there is an opening, they will get out. Glad he made it ok.

lol... my husband had that happen with his ACF my son found him in the kitchen, my husband had to see if it was a joke and low and behold there she was, hoping in the kitchen! he was hysterical! she jumped from the open portion where the filter is and went through the living room to the kitchen, MMmm... I guess she was hungry!

We had a Weather loach escape around xmas last year, looking at the tank there was no obvious place it could have gotten out, but he still got out, sadly passing away... :(

Even now I hear the odd "clunk" on the lid from the loaches jumping, daft fish!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom