Frozen food kept in the refrigerator (how long?!?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

helicopter

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have frozen brine shrimp and blood worms cubes in my freezer. I take it out, break off small pieces and put the rest back in the freezer. I take the frozen pieces and thaw them in a cup of warm water and then strain in a brine shrimp net. Then I put the very concentrated liquid of food into an eye dropper bottle along with the equivalent of probably 1 gallon of waters worth of a Jungle Antiparasitic tab. I feed from this and keep this bottle in the refrigerator. How long do you think I can keep this bottle before the food spoils in the refrigerator??

It should be good for at least a couple of days so long as you refrigerate it. I would toss it and make up a fresh batch after 4-5 days.

What kind of fish are you medicating? Are they eating the medicated food for you?

Fish

I am trying to medicate a dwarf puffer which is currently housed (peacefully for now) with two pristella tetras and a pygmy catfish. I also have half of a jungle parasite tab in the tank. The tank is a 6 gallon eclipse. I know, thats a small tank for that many fish but I have been checking the water parameters constantly, doing %50 changes and there are a lot of plants in the tank. As they start growing I may have to seperate them. Also I know the tetras should be in 6 or more, I did have more in the tank but they died so I decided to get a puffer.

Back
Top Bottom