Frustrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bender

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am currently just starting a fishless cycle on a new 55g I got. Started the cycle on sunday. Today I went to a LFS and asked for any sort of filter media to help seed it. No such luck said they had none to give. Tried 2 petsmart's after that, they replied they threw it all out already......ARE YOU SERIOUS????? come on you would think someone would like to gain a new customer. Guess not.

An off the wall suggestion could be to check craigslist. Usually you have people trying to sell their already established tanks. You might get lucky by asking one of them.

Possible. However I bought about 6 plants from the lfs. Maybe I will get lucky and some good bacteria hitched a ride home on them :D

Honestly I think you're lucky they didn't have anything. I'd personally rather wait an extra week or 2 than risk bringing in some sort of disease.

I agree with Drayven. There is no telling what you could have brought in with filter material from the lfs. You can try making a post here and see if there is anyone close to you that you can get some from.

I do think that it is rather crappy of them to give you the run around about the media though. However I think that they probably thought you were crazy for asking for it..lol.

Back
Top Bottom