Frustrated...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platylover26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been very frustrated lately. I have been keeping livebearers(specifically guppies and platies) since i started this hobby. but they always die. One by one, they get sick and die and i am sick of having to watch all of my beloved fish die. it sucks to wake up and go feed your fish and think "Wow, I really love that platy. I hope it doesn't die." It really bothers me. And I darn well know that its not my tank. I do 15% water changes every week, and my corydoras and my mystery snail are doing great. So, I am highly considering switching my stock. I wanna get a big school of fish. (And please don't tell me i should get more corydoras. I know. but, the two i have are happy and healthy) So what are the hardiest schooling fish you know of, and how many of them can i fit in my 20 gallon?

Am:0
Ni:0
Na:aprox. 15
Temp:78 degrees
20 gal

2 platies ( I think that they are both on their way out)
2 guppy fry ( In a few days, these lil' dudes are getting brought to lfs)
2corydoras
1 mystery snail

Maybe its where you are getting the fish from.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Could it be a change in your water?
I also recommend not bringing the guppies to your LFS until you figure out what it is. You don't know if it's a parasite, infection etc. that could be spread to the LFS. I'd just hold on to them until you determine what it is.

Back
Top Bottom