Fry tank inhabitants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, my Cory cats decided to breed, and one is now becoming fat. No eggs just yet, but preparing. I have a 3-gal I just set up for the fry when they come. It has a filter and an air bubbler. The only gravel in it is to keep the air bubbler down. There is a background on it. There is nothing in it right now. I was wondering what I could put in it to both keep up some bioload so it doesn't have to be redone every time I get fry, and to make it look a little less dead. If plecos didn't get so big, I would put one in, but they get way too big, and it would stunt too much for me. What common fish could I put in there?

I have gotten many replies there about everything. My only issue is my normal fish store location. Due to being in college in Toledo, Ohio and my car being very not built for winter, it was left in Dayton, 3 hours away. I don't have it to get there in.

Just stick your extra filter on your 10g for now so it can build up some bb.

Ok. Wow. Major ADD moment. I thought it said finger instead of filter. That was weird.

I added the bacteria bottle stuff to the tank, but there's no inhabitants to keep the bacteria supplied with food. Even if I got one small fish from Walmart that wouldn't eat my fry and would be fine alone, it would be ok. Just looking for something I could put in there so at least there's some bioload.

And I could try the whole taxi thing, which I've never done before, if I have to. Sadly, our bus doesn't go there. It should, but it doesn't. It's by the mall, so why it doesn't, I don't know.

Red cherry shrimp? I think those are at a fish store close to the one I like to go to. Either that, or it's something similar. They are shrimp; I just don't prefer that one. Algae up the walls of the tank and ridiculously overpriced stuff. Is that the only thing ideal for a fry tank? Just checking my options here.

Red cherry shrimp? I think those are at a fish store close to the one I like to go to. Either that, or it's something similar. They are shrimp; I just don't prefer that one. Algae up the walls of the tank and ridiculously overpriced stuff. Is that the only thing ideal for a fry tank? Just checking my options here.

That's all I know that will be safe for the fry I also head that rcs will keep the eggs clean of fungus...somone else may chime in with more options for that size tank

Back
Top Bottom