Fry Tank Issues Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found out my albino Cory cats were going to spawn soon, and so set up the old 3-gal tank. I put the cartridge to the 3-gal filter in the 10-gal filter until they spawned. I had left a small bit of gravel in it to hold down an air bubbler, but ended up removing all of it. Thought everything was fine until the past few days.

1) There is this gunk all over my tank. When I saw it, I thought it was just some leftover flakes or something to that nature from the gravel I had left in. For a couple days, my DG was in time-out in that tank. I thought it was fine. Just needed to clean it up as best as possible. Whatever this is has now gone ALL OVER my tank. None is on the eggs, but some of the eggs are on a skull cave that the edges of it have this stuff on it. It's on the banana plant too, which also has some eggs on it with the same situation. The gunk is sort of gray and looks like flakes that are soaked and falling apart. Some of it has sort of stringed together (?) on leaves. It will come up with a gravel vac, but I am going to need to super scrub that crap off. Pictures are nearly impossible for this stuff. It was mostly settled at the bottom, but really late last night, better this morning, I saw smaller spots of it going up the walls. Any ideas what this could be?

2) My eggs were laid 1/23. They have not hatched yet. I have checked all over the tank for babies: the bottom, the surface, the filter even though its got pantyhose. When I gravel vacuumed this morning, I quadruple quadruple checked the tub to make sure nothing was acting like a baby fishy. Nothing. I have seen movement in the eggs, but none have hatched. Did I screw this all up doing a breeding rookie mistake of putting them in that less-than-perfect tank? If possible, any ideas how to get them to hatch? I cannot get them off the cave without breaking them. She stuck them in there good so the only way they're moving is my fingernail.

I tried to get pics of the gunk for you guys. Don't know if you can see the plant real well.

Attachments

• image-3516116312.jpg
    image-3516116312.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image-1448825092.jpg
    image-1448825092.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 39
What's the temp? If it is cold it may be taking longer for them to hatch.

I don't have any advice other than that, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom