Fubar'd (advice)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyINCo

Aquarium Advice Activist
And surprise, it isn't a tank. It's me. I know this is an advice forum, so I'm going to give some. If you are a small female, DO NOT attempt to lift and carry a 30gallon tall aquarium full of rocks by yourself.

I know, you're probably thinking "duh!" ... well, I apparently my common sense fled for a moment whilst I heaved the thing from my car, up the stairs and into my house. It was almost too much for me to pick up at all, but somehow I managed to get it into my house, and onto a stand even. All by myself.

I now have severe muscle and tendon strain in my back, neck, shoulders and left arm (according to doc). He said it is going to take over a week to heal. I even have to miss work. So I guess my advice is, don't be an idiot like me. I wish there were an emoticon with a dunce cap on. :dunce:

Team Lift! (im thinking that should be my new user name... hee hee hee)

:facepalm: :drinking: :sleeping:

It is amazing how heavy fish tanks are! Me and my brother nearly did hernias moving a 40G with gravel in it :/

Hope you have a speedy recovery :)

I move my 55g all by myself. It's not as heavy as it is cumbersome. I can easily lift 250 lbs but it's the awkwardness of the 4 ft long tank and trying to get a hand on each end. Basically the right hand goes on the rear right corner and the left hand in the front left corner.

If you don't have one already, get a good heating pad that uses moist heat! Feel better! I thought I was going to do something similar to myself moving my 30 gallon around empty. I had plenty help getting it out of my car and into the house, but I moved it around the kitchen a lot to clean it, put it on the stand, took it back off to work on the stand, and turned it around a couple times to paint the background on it. And I have a bad back to begin with! Thankfully it was completely empty through all that though.

It took me and another 200lb guy to lift my 100g. Its an old school tank with no center support and I believe half inch glass. It was really heavy lol.

I almost bought a 125g with 3/4" glass. I can't imagine lifting that

Back
Top Bottom