Fun tank setup help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chili Palmer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any ideas for me on my 37? Heres the deal. There are 8 or so Red-Eye Tetra's in there, and a catfish. I had 2 Eals that both died(1 after 2 months, 1 after about a year, both never really ate).

I want a fun-cool tank. I dont want a deathmatch(like I had with a bunch of Africans).

Could I add something to this tank as is, or...

Could I get a cool breeding pare of Africans that wonmt kill each other?

or any other advice. I wanted the eals, (I got 2 incase 1 died) because I wanted to feed them live fish. I had a really cool African tank, but when they all grew up it was fight city... I dont want that again.

Thanks

CP

Attachments

• tank_164.jpg
    tank_164.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 119
what catfish do you have in there... i find colombian sharks (arius jordani / seemani) or silver tipped sharks as they are called in some places to be entertaining, but they get big and do eventually require brackish to sw...

they have great energy, I haven't found any of them to be aggressive..

i love the pictus catfish too, but the two I own love to eat the zebra danios I have in the tank (the pictus aren't that big either so..)

if you have a community tank you could try african dwarf frogs... they are hardy, and really entertaining to watch

You could try angels or rams, or gouramis, or rainbows. Maybe not so cool, but in that size tank you need to either remove the fish you have and start completely over, say with a colony of N. brichardi (very cool) and they will allow their spawn to grow up in the tank and help with subsequent fry, or make it a SA puffer tank, but you would have to trade in what you have now.

BTW, Love your handle!

You could possibly do a pair of angels AND a pair of rams, the rams tend to hang out around the bottom and the angels will have plenty of swimming space above and they should all get along with the tetras. If the rams try to breed they may take offense to the catfish though, depending on what kind it is.

[center:46a3dabdb9] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, Chili Palmer!! :n00b: [/center:46a3dabdb9]

All tanks need weekly or biweekly PWC.
Once you tell us the catfish you have, it will be easier to suggest tank mates :D Also, what is the pH and hardness of the water?

Depending on the catfish, why not go with schooling fish like rummynose (tho you'ld need more obsticles) or a shoal of cories, but I don't know how much fun those would be, fun is a relative term :)

Back
Top Bottom