Fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bullyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So one of the Rasbora Het. Has some white protruding body fuzz or maybe slime???

I think its fungal but wanted another option.
The only changes to the tanks regimen ive made is the addition of DIY Co2 (test ran for 2 days at 1 bubble every 2 sec. For the last 2 days for 6hrs per day)

All peramiters normal ph-7.6, Amo-0, Nit-0, Nita-40ppm, Kh 89.5 (5drops)

Ive never had anything like this.

I took the affected guy from the tank to get a better look and i also noticed some red areas near the bottom there (see pic)

Attachments

• 1479949322766.jpg
    1479949322766.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 68
So i just found out that the cleaner knocked my led light into a bucket of cleaner and then threw it into the tank and it had been floating upside down for an hour in there...
?
*researches boikleen chemical with great fervor

Have you got any carbon you can run? That may take it out. And usual water changes you would already know.

Can't help but wonder what the cleaner was thinking :(

Way to go having a cover I think. I'm getting much less evaporation here with ones. It's just Perspex which I'd love to replace with glass but it's above head height so doesn't matter too much.

Ya ive been wanting to out fit with glass tops for a while now if notging else to trap Co2 and oxygen at the surface exchange better

Well all the natural non medicated ways didnt do anything.
QT (breed net to prevent contact) with anti fungal for 2 days yielded no results...in fact it got worse.
Im suprised that none of the other fish seem affected.

Anyway, one of the Eds is dead.

This is the affected side of the fish in question. (See picture)
From visual comfomation to death was really short too

Attachments

• 1480177174108.jpg
    1480177174108.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 30
So now my peramiters are Ammo: 0.50ppm, Nitrites: 0.

I did a dose of Prime and Stability because of the Ammo spike, any other things i should do?

I hope so too.

I did a 50% water change and by mid day the Ammo was at 0 again.

Im just concerned about what ever this is, i think im going to have to do a clear and over haul of the tank eventually any how so im cycling my 10 for just such an occasion some time next month.

Back
Top Bottom