funny fish names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a zebra danio with a bent spine that my sister named "ZEE-moto" (think Notre Dame)..all our danios had "z" names. I also used to have a pleco named "John Peter Zenger" and a Black Moor named Orval Faubus. Look up the last one (and JPZ if you like).

i once had a really fat danio, i named it beer gut.

and i have a grren female betta named reptar

ROFL Columbo - great name for a betta - I love it !

Beer gut - I may use that one someday.

JustOneMore20 - glad you liked the name !

This thread is a hoot

Who was the person who named all their cories after vacuum cleaners (Hoover, Kirby, can't remember the last one ?) - too funny

joannde said:
Who was the person who named all their cories after vacuum cleaners (Hoover, Kirby, can't remember the last one ?) - too funny

HAHAHAHAAAAA that is just too funny.
BEERGUT ROLF .....

joannde said:

Well, the 2 otto's in our 29 are Hoover and Dyson, but I think you were probably talking about someone else.

oh my 3 feeder cycle fish the only one that is named is called Crackhead....named so by my girlfriend after i told her he loves his blow. He has an orange body with a mostly white face(think scarface) with just a little line of orange by his "nose"

most of my fish don't have names as I can't really tell them apart but one of the harlequins is much smaller than the rest so he's called PeeWee and one of the pristellas is much bigger than the others so she's called Bertha (named after a children's TV character here in the UK who's a big friendly factory machine). The whiptail is called Carlos as he's Brazillian but too lazy to be named after a football player. Another one of the harlequins is starting to earn the name Fatty Arbuckle... :wink:

I call my red tail shark hitler since he's so mean to the other fish, and my bettas name was binky before he passed away

src - it might have been your fish that I was recalling. I thought it was very creative to name bottom dwellers or any of the sucker fish after vacuums - just way too cute and I'm sorry I didn't think of it myself ! LOL

joannde said:
src - it might have been your fish that I was recalling. I thought it was very creative to name bottom dwellers or any of the sucker fish after vacuums - just way too cute and I'm sorry I didn't think of it myself ! LOL

Well, the GF was on a naming spree, and I figured I had to get my pick in quickly. We have 2 snails in there too - the mystery snail is Gary and the pond snail du jour (we replace him whenever the tiger barbs eat it) is called Minge. Think South Park, not Spongebob.

Okay, I'll play. I have a L-316 Rio Jari pleco (he was supposed to be a L-129 Scribble pleco) anyway, his name is "Scribbly Lips" (Lips was our common plec that we gave away so we added scribbly to lips). Our Opaline gouramis is "Dot" because of all the polka dots on her fins. I have four bettas with the following names: Mr. Fishy Fish & Mr. Feather Fins (these are at home and named by my son and I) then I have Juan Valdez (after the coffee guy) and Ricky Martin (co-wroker was from Puerto Rico) at work. I need to get with it and name the nice fish with all the personalties that I have added to my 55 (rams, apistos, angels), but I just haven't thought about it.

my black ghost knife is named banshee, however i'll end up refering to her as ghostie, or dagger

My bettas usually accumulate funny names (typically my males) -- Caribbean, Davey Jones, and Congo

This is "Macaroni" the pleco:

img_686981_0_4c7ddb6bd73875a846ab7c41f97fbbc5.jpg

"Flame" the platy:

malevplatycloseup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom