funny! my cae thinks he's a seal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazycat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just had to share...

i just saw my cae pushing an empty apple snail shell (prey to the clowns) across the tank floor. too funny--he looked just like a performing seal!

omg--he just did it again! hahahahahaha! wasn't there that thread about fish intelligence and training fish? maybe i can have the first circus cae ever!

That's funny. I was going to post something similar about one of my clown loaches. I know about the common loach trick where they lie on their sides or backs and "play dead." But mine has taken up the habit of swimming upside down whenever he is around anything above him. For the last few days, I have frequently found him up near the top of the tank, swimming upside down as if the surface is the "floor." And he does that constantly underneath a piece of driftwood as well. The funniest thing was when he was doing it under the driftwood, and I dropped in some food. He flipped back over so he as swimming right side up, and then came out to look for the food. Silly fish!

That is funny, I wish I could see it! Fish do seem to like to play, I have several that do it from time to time with different items in the tank.

bosk1 said:
That's funny. I was going to post something similar about one of my clown loaches. I know about the common loach trick where they lie on their sides or backs and "play dead." But mine has taken up the habit of swimming upside down whenever he is around anything above him. For the last few days, I have frequently found him up near the top of the tank, swimming upside down as if the surface is the "floor." And he does that constantly underneath a piece of driftwood as well. The funniest thing was when he was doing it under the driftwood, and I dropped in some food. He flipped back over so he as swimming right side up, and then came out to look for the food. Silly fish!

Did you ever have an upside down cat in there with the clown??? I had a clown that started doing that after I added an upside down cat. They used to swim around under things together like that. Almost like the clown forgot what it was. ;)

jgc8fan said:
bosk1 said:

Did you ever have an upside down cat in there with the clown??? I had a clown that started doing that after I added an upside down cat. They used to swim around under things together like that. Almost like the clown forgot what it was. ;)

No, but that's exactly what I thought of when he started doing that. I think part of the problem is he is just lonely and doesn't have others of the same species to hang with. My other two didn't survive the ich infestation, and I am still treating since the surviving loach still has quite a few spots on his tail, so I can't add more at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom