Fur??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pjos11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tanks seems to be getting a "fur" like appearance over everything ie: The plants and glass. I cleaned the glass a day ago but it seems to be appearing again.
Can anyone help? I`m really confused over this.
Also I have noticed green spots on the glass which do not remove easily.

Does the fur resemble small oval shaped pieces or thread-like strands? Green spot algae is what you have on the glass...a little elbow grease or a razor blade will remove it.

Whats the thread like strands? I've noticed my take having orange like stuff growing on the glass and some tank decorations.

i had a big problem with black hair algea. it was growing on all my plants and my glass. i bought 2 cae and they clead it up in less than a week. i had ottos in the tank but they didnt seems interested in that type of algea. but the cae gobbled it up like candy. plus they look really cool and were not that expensive at my lfs.

good link, Jchillin! I am still battling some horrendous brown algae in my tank. Looks like I just need to keep wiping it off and it will eventually go away (since my tank is relatively new). *SIGH*

Back
Top Bottom