fw cuc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys wolf here agian i was wondering if you guys could suggest a cuc for my 15g or even some fish that are bottom dwellers to liven up the bottom i have a fire dg and 4 neon tetra yeah...empty tank ghost shrimp are outa the question i bought 15 and my dg nomed on em lights out i suppose and in 2 days i had none left...im thinkin cory cats or glass cats?

Cories and dwarf loaches would be good bottom dwellers that will eat extra food and liven up the bottom.

A small bristlenose pleco will keep algae under control for you. They usually grow relatively slowly, but you may eventually have to find it a larger home (but not necessarily). They really are the best for algae control.

Fishguy2727 said:
Cories and dwarf loaches would be good bottom dwellers that will eat extra food and liven up the bottom.

A small bristlenose pleco will keep algae under control for you. They usually grow relatively slowly, but you may eventually have to find it a larger home (but not necessarily). They really are the best for algae control.

i love plecos just their look makes me smile i dont think id want one though i couldn't stand to rehome oor keep him cramped im ashamed to admit this but my lfs is petsmart so all fish must be avaiable there there they only lfs near me but on the plus side they actually take care of em and are clean ( no diseases )

My DG doesn't even look at my shrimp..not even tiny ones. Glass cats are much too big for a 10 gal and are happiest in groups of at least 6 (and they aren't bottom dwellers). I wouldn't keep cories in a tank that doesn't have room for at least 4 of them since they are ideally in groups of 6 as well, but a lot of people think 2 is ok in a smaller tank. If you get cories, I'd go for a smaller typie like the julii, they only get to about 1.5" and avoid the largers like albinos and emeralds..I think those a little large for your tank. If you need an algea eater maybe a hillstream loach..those stay small like 2".

Oh you have 4 neons in there...you should add 3 more for a proper school :)

siva said:
Oh you have 4 neons in there...you should add 3 more for a proper school :)

i really wana do that but would i have enough space for some bottom dwellers i wish my dg didnt eat my shrimp so i could have a rcs and ghost shrimp colony

Yeah I think you could add the 3 neons and 2 julii cories or 2 kuhli loaches.

siva said:
I don't...explain please I want them for my empty 20g

i had black kuhlis and well there only active when the tanks dark like night time dark so you cant really ser them at day there only active at night n mine burrowed so i really never saw him

How many did you have? I've read if you have 4-6 they are super active and crazy.

Back
Top Bottom