FW Dwarf Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RockyT~

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK so i have 4 of these and LOVE THEM!!!!! they are in a 5 gallon tank.

they nibble and eat the blood worms. (i thaw them out in water and add them)

is there anything else they really love that anyone else has found?

these are my favorite out of all my fish!!! they are so darn cute!!! a bit messy but i love them anyway!!!

too bad my bichir would eat my DP or else i would put him in my 55 gal to eat all my baby snails

i haven't been successful with feeding mine anything but bloodworms. Mine wouldn't even look at brine shrimp.

you could try live brine shrimp. i just got 2 dps the other day and one of them goes nuts over the brine, but the other ignores them completely. that's not very high in nutritional value, though, so don't give it to them as a staple.

they are so tiny i am afraid a snail would eat them LOL 8O

i didn't look tonight at the LFS but they have snails i assume. Fish i know, snails not so much :lol:

is there any particular type? my DPs are still really tiny.

they do eat the blood worms thank goodness

i am so gaga over them! they are in a 5 gallon hex and my husband looked at me like this 8O when i said i was putting them in there. "Those tiny fish for that big old tank?" :lol: really funny guess you had to be there.

they are definitely my fav fish now!!!!

They will eat just about any size snail, shell and all. They have teeth, and very strong jaws. The only snails not really good to feed them are the MTS.

ok well my buddy works at petsmart. so i went the other day and got three snails. those cute little babies of mine are vicious little killers!!!! 8O

poor snails.

i went back last night and got 6 more, but they are in a tank going to see if i can get them to breed.

what the heck do pond snails eat LOL!!!

Algae, some plants. Snails don't take long to breed out of control. Leave em undisturbed for 2 weeks and they're definately be eggs in your substrate. I sitll have th eodd one in my 15 gallon, but my clown loach keeps them in check. I can hear him crack the shells at night.

i have two clown loaches soon to be 4 and dwarf puffers LOL! hopefully they will keep them under control!

i have friends who have tanks too so we can share amongst ourselves LOL

I've gotten mine to take freeze-dried bloodworms occasionally. They really go crazy for live bloodworms.

does anyone know if it is possible to keep 1 of the most peace south american puffers in a fw community tank? I have read and viewed around the world commercial aquariums that have odd ball tank mates, they keep them well fed so they do not attack tankmates. anyone have a comment on this?

sudz said:
2 clowns and 4 puffers in a 5 gallon hex?

no i have 2 clown loaches. and 4 puffers. NOT in the same tank

you said "sudz
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:39 pm Post Subject:
Algae, some plants. Snails don't take long to breed out of control. Leave em undisturbed for 2 weeks and they're definately be eggs in your substrate. I sitll have th eodd one in my 15 gallon, but my clown loach keeps them in check. I can hear him crack the shells at night."

i was telling you i have them too. :)

i have been doing fish for a few years, and i research everything out before i do anything.

i was only planning on having 9 barbs in a 50 gallon i am one that thinks less is more. LOL

ohhhh ok. Just at a little scare there :p Didnt mean to imply you didnt know what you were doin! I was just looking out for the well being of fish worldwide :p

LOL i figured.

there needs to be a name for that like

"THE FISH AVENGER" lol righter of wrongly stocked aquariums LMBO

yeahhhhhhhhhhh i haven't had coffee yet HA HA HA

Back
Top Bottom