FW Puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry, I didn't mean to be snippy. I just get so tired of folks insisting they can put puffers w/their fish & they're fine & then come back a month later, to say the puffer killed all their fish, so they got mad & flushed the puffer.

Remember...hex tanks are quite small and the amount of fish you should add will be much lower than a regular rectangular tank.

Blazeherd2306 said:
Remember...hex tanks are quite small and the amount of fish you should add will be much lower than a regular rectangular tank.

Yea idk then, I want a nother tank for my room, maybe Ill get a ten gallon. Im not sure Im gonna pick something cool up.......hopefully soon, job is gonna pay soon.

Blazeherd2306 said:

I have heard it is good. I would also like to know if anyone else has opinions on this.

I mean, its simple no tanks or anything, so its easy to watch but then will I have to moniter the ph and all that stuff, I really dont wanna be doing that kind of stuff because Im not really sure on how to do that.

And for the other post, Ill consider moving my stero and throwing a 20 gallon on there with the radio and 10 on my desk but then idk...no room for the stuff on top of my desk, sucks having a tiny room.

I found this chart and my my decision on what Im getting. Guppies and Angels :) Great great combination!

g_fw_compchart.gif

Angels will eat guppies.. even young angels will eat full grown guppies.. may I suggest some bigger tetra's? cardnial tetra's are nice.. I like harliquin rasboras as well..

the chart is in error on that combination of fish.. but it generaly is a good tool..

I did jump in here.. how many gallons is this hex? I would only put angel's in one that had at least 20 gallons..

I have 1 dwarf puffer in a 10 gal with 4 neon tetras and 1 algea eater. He has never bothered any other fish in the tank. Mine feeds on snails and blood worms. They have all been together for about 4 months now.

I agree angels are a bad choice for a ten gallon. 30g Minimum if you decide this is the fish you want. I also agree they will eat the guppies. If you go with another ten gallon, how about a dwarf gourami as your centerpiece fish with a few small fish like the guppies. Just a thought.

EMTtony said:
I have 1 dwarf puffer in a 10 gal with 4 neon tetras and 1 algea eater. He has never bothered any other fish in the tank. Mine feeds on snails and blood worms. They have all been together for about 4 months now.

I'm no puffer expert by far but, I wouldn't consider four months a success. The puffer is probably still a juvenile. Let us know how it makes out in a few months. I bought three tiny pea puffers/freshwater puffers because everything I read said you could keep up to three of them in a ten gallon. Within two months I was down to one. :? I believe they should be kept species only and xIHakIx has made the right decision by passing on them.

So what should I get with the guppies, I want something really colorful but something that wontgrow huge or w.e

I like the look of Neon Tetras. They are colorful, but they like to school, so that is something you'll have to consider. I would say get a least 3 though. HTH

Yea I might go with tetras. I was considering them at first but I thought there were other better fish...

Back
Top Bottom