Fw rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slate, or any rock you find. Test it by putting it in a bucket w/ vinager. If it bubbles, dont use it.

Gboy66 said:
Slate, or any rock you find. Test it by putting it in a bucket w/ vinager. If it bubbles, dont use it.

Really? What about bricks? Id like to make some caves.

Travis55 said:
Really? What about bricks? Id like to make some caves.

Bricks, im not sure if you can use, but i wouldnt. They are just so dense..slate is a much easier, lighter, cheaper option IMO

Gboy66 said:
Bricks, im not sure if you can use, but i wouldnt. They are just so dense..slate is a much easier, lighter, cheaper option IMO

I really wish i could use my excess live rock thats been in a bucket of water in my basement. I think itd looks awesome. Plus its all dead...

I think once-live rock (lol) will raise the pH levels in the water--same reason for not wanting rock to bubble in the vinager test. From what I've seen, if you have the right kind of cichlids it'll work just fine *lol*. I got what was labeled as moss rock at my garden center--20 pounds for, like, 2.50. Rock is pretty cheap, especially in small pieces.

Back
Top Bottom