FW stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPCustoms

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a FW 28 gallon nano cube and i want 5 congo tetras, 1 neon dwarf gourami, 2 red cherry shrimp, 4 black phantom tetras, and 1 dojo loach. are these all compatible. and if i went with all the fish but substituted the dojo loach for a pleco. what kind of pleco could i get?

The congo tetras will get way too big for the tank, they need 55 Gallon Minimums IMO.

The neon DG will be fine.

I would get more shrimp, they can easily get eaten by your fish if you want them to live.

I would boost the black phantom school to six.

The dojo loach, aka weather loach, will outgrow the tank, it'll get about ten-twelve inches. If you got a pleco, I would also have excellent filtration and good tank maintenance. Your average BN pleco will do. There are also pitbull, rubberlip, and snowflake plecs out there.

No. For a fish that gets around the four inch mark, is very active, and needs five more to be happy, I don't think they would be very happy in a thirty gallon full-grown.

red cherry shrimp do not have a lot of bioload so you can start out with twenty or so and they will soon be 100+ in that tank.

Not with a gourami. Although it has worked for me, it's just too risky. There could easily be a lot of aggression problems that come out of a betta/gourami combo.

Back
Top Bottom