G3 for fancy 46 gallon???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrkGumby12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two orandas and a black moor. Would it be enough filtration for them? Have an emperor 400 now but would like something better, a new canister (advanced) any advice??

I wish I had this size budget! If you have the funds to add this filter, by all means, go right ahead! I dont have personal experience with it but the reviews on it seem very positive. I would use it in conjunction with the emperor because your underfiltered right now. The emperor runs @400gph and the G3 is stated to run @185gph, so combined you would be running 585gph on a 46g. Overfiltering is always a good idea with messy goldies and run over 1000gph on my 55g goldie tanks to give you an idea. Let us know how you like this filter! :)

I understand that but 400gph is the stated, it definitely doesn't push that much out when it's full of filters and media, I would assume that they run about the same in reality but I don't wanna run both, I wanna get rid of the emperor. I was thinking fx5 but I think that would be way too much current an they'd be all over the place, the 406 would be ideal but I like the g series too much, maybe the g6 but I don't really think that's too necessary either, I'm stuck between the g3 g6 or fx5 which is too powerful for sure

I run both a Fluval 406 and a Wisper EX70 on my 55g fancy goldie tanks. I too looked the the G3 series but two things I wasn't sure about was it seemed to have much less media storage capacity and was worried with it being digital and keeping current readings on tank stats that if the chip/computer part went on the fritz it would be a real hassle to get fixed. I don't mind doing water testing so for me just using the old tried and true Fluval canisters that I have been using since the 80's (and boy have they changed and improved since then) I just didn't want to spend the extra on it. But yes, do post how well it works and how you like it after you use it for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom