galaxy rasbora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceangirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just pick me up 5! they had a 6th one, but he didn't look to great. Drum roll please?...........2.99 each! They are super tiny and I am acclimating them slowly. He threw in some java moss on accident, and a VERY small piece camboda? LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! I came into look at a single plant, and maybe a sterbai. Was looking through the tanks, and BAM their they were. They don't have all their colors, but will grow up strong in my tank. If they get more they have home with me!

Need advice on how to keep them. temperature of the tank. I keep it about 75 degress. I feed tetra color granules The little red ones. I have sand substrate , working on planted tank. I also feed tetra nibbler algae wafer.

If your talking about cpd's "celestial pearl danio" then 75°f is fine. Ph around 6.7- 7.3 with plenty of plantlife to make them feel more secure will help.
One thing i would do is upgrade their staple food to NLS .5mm small fish formula.

could you clarify NLS means? I grind up the granules almost into powder before feeding them, but I will consider all foods.

I do mean CPD's, I am so excited

I was thinking of feeding, Baby brine, daphnia, blood worms, Freeze dried bcause I hear its safer? All from Hikari. What do you think?

any suggestion of tankmates?

Oh my! I remember when I paid 13 bucks for them back in '07. A pH of 7.0, 78 degrees and densely planted. There are many reports of this fish being bred in hobbyist's tanks. I hope you enjoy them.

David

i am going to order more....:) I think a shoal of 10 should do it.?

I'd feed frozen before freeze dried. Not much nutritional value to freeze dried foods.
NLS is the best stuff $ can buy......

they are in a 29 gallon, I had a couple plant mats I cut up. Those ones by marineland? They float and make a tangled floating area in a calm area, they are venturing out and all around the tank but use this area as a base. I also add to the plants as I can afford them, I managed to perhaps to procure water wisteria, and maybe some water sprite. I also have a little java moss, amazon sword, some saggratia grass? I am trying to bring back from being eaten some anacharis (really like less than an inch), baby java ferns, hornwort. I have a 3 big plastic plants, that form the back of the tank.

What brand of frozen food is the best? The only brand I can find is San Francisco brand? I will try to find the NLS brand. But I may have to wait until I am out of my current food.

I am buying more! at least 5 more! I'd love a nice to get maybe a even dozen.

Current stock:
1 platy
1 betta elephant ear (got on extreme sale!)
4 neon tetras
4 Glowlights
bunch of cories
5 celestial pearl danios

They all get along, the neons and the glows all school together, the only one that gets chased by the betta is the platy and she is small and fast. Betta can't swim to keep up in the current. so he stays in the floating plant area with little current.

Back
Top Bottom