Galaxy Rasbora, CPD Danios?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

77speedyturtle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has any one have these beautiful fish? ive seen them online before. I just went to a new fish store about sixty miles away yesterday an saw them in person for the first time. I've read all the care info,but I want to hear from anyone who's got these lovely fish. I'm starting a new 46 gal bow front plus I have many other tanks they could be in. So loved to hear from you all.?

Aren't they one of the most beautiful looking small fishes? I have kept these guys twice.

The first time it was in a group of 6-8 can't recall it has been a long time back. Didn't see them very much. They love to hide when they think they are being watched. They died off over a year or so, still had a couple.

Then wanted to try them again. Bought another 6.

From a hobbyist moving overseas I picked up around 12. They swim fast and in a densely planted tank it was difficult to find and count them but the total was 18-21.

They hid ALL the time. It looked like I had a planted tank with no fish.

I could watch them playing and frolicking 20 feet across the living room but if I got up to watch them, it seemed there was one or 2 which would take turns coming out to look around. Bummer.

Then I read later there was another fish which would act as a dither fish and help it feel less scared of being out in open water. Furcata Rainbows were what the people stated helped them reduce their shyness.

My CPD were in a 12G and also a larger tank as and it didn't seem to matter. They were usually kept by themselves in regard to fish, and then with Boraras Brigittae and still acted shy.

It may also have something to do with if they are wild caught or tank raised. Not positive. The ones at a local fish store are all over the tank and there are some other fish in the tank as well, not shy!!!

Love them but would need to have them be more social to keep them again as I don't have as many tanks to take care of now and would like to SEE my fish, ;)

They are good little hunters and were always stalking/searching for tiny prey in the moss and plants. Reason why my shrimp population didn't grow very fast in their tank! The fish didn't seem to bother the adults or larger juveniles.

I saw these little fish 2 years ago and thought I would get them in a few months. Never seen them since :( now I really want them

I know. I'm pretty sure ounce I get this 46 gal set upped,I'm going to get a school for sure. I've found a couple youtubers that I follow that breed them.So I'm going to keep my fingers an toes crossed an keep you all posted.����

Well the store was in Bloomington,Il. But I youtuber named lrbaquatics is breeding them. He's out of Indianapolis,In. Should check out he's videos.??

I’ve kept them for a few years. I had a group spawn and 2 babies survived. I added a few without quarantine and paid the price. I had 5 and added 3. Original 5 had 2 fry survive. Up to 10. Disease wiped out 7 and now I have 3. Thought about adding more but just gonna leave it. One male and 2 females and they look pretty content in my 20g Nursery.

Not from what I've been told. I think the big thing would be to know if your getting wild or local breed. They also have a fair range of water parameters. I just found another breeder in California,selling them 10 for $35. ☺��

The first batch I purchased I have for over a year without issues. It was the second batch that was diseased when I added them.

Yeah I read somewhere not to buy wild due to destruction of habitat. .. I'm gonna go to a different store later. Wish me luck

I tried another store but no luck. Platys were never ending but no cpd. Online I've seen 2.99 but then 15 postage but I'd rather not keep any fish in a delivery bag for 48 hours to find them floating.. Just have to keep looking

Well I ordered six of these lovely beauties. Do to my schedule I'm not having them sent till next tues. So I'll post a pic wensday.

Ok I just picked up six of these cool little critters. An only paid 3.98. But I got a hitchhiker. One of the six looks like a glow light danio. I got them in a five gal quarantine tank for now. I post a pic soon. There real skiddish right now. I even covered the front of the tank so theyed feel better. ����

I'd just cover about half so they can start to get used to activity but also have a place to hide.

They prefer a bit of dimness in the light department.

If your light is too bright you can add an piece of house screen, or other things to make it less bright, on half, 1/3rd or all the light I have some needlepoint plastic mesh, and another option is a sheer kids folder or report divider cut to a color sheet which dims the light. I use a blue one on my one fish tank for the fish to have half to feel less sunny, and also on my nano reef tank to make my PAR38 full spectrum bulb blue violet for most of the day.

Back
Top Bottom