Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2018, 01:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Galaxy Rasbora, CPD Danios?

Has any one have these beautiful fish? ive seen them online before. I just went to a new fish store about sixty miles away yesterday an saw them in person for the first time. I've read all the care info,but I want to hear from anyone who's got these lovely fish. I'm starting a new 46 gal bow front plus I have many other tanks they could be in. So loved to hear from you all.🐢

Old 07-29-2018, 06:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Aren't they one of the most beautiful looking small fishes? I have kept these guys twice.

The first time it was in a group of 6-8 can't recall it has been a long time back. Didn't see them very much. They love to hide when they think they are being watched. They died off over a year or so, still had a couple.

Then wanted to try them again. Bought another 6.

From a hobbyist moving overseas I picked up around 12. They swim fast and in a densely planted tank it was difficult to find and count them but the total was 18-21.

They hid ALL the time. It looked like I had a planted tank with no fish.

I could watch them playing and frolicking 20 feet across the living room but if I got up to watch them, it seemed there was one or 2 which would take turns coming out to look around. Bummer.

Then I read later there was another fish which would act as a dither fish and help it feel less scared of being out in open water. Furcata Rainbows were what the people stated helped them reduce their shyness.

My CPD were in a 12G and also a larger tank as and it didn't seem to matter. They were usually kept by themselves in regard to fish, and then with Boraras Brigittae and still acted shy.

It may also have something to do with if they are wild caught or tank raised. Not positive. The ones at a local fish store are all over the tank and there are some other fish in the tank as well, not shy!!!

Love them but would need to have them be more social to keep them again as I don't have as many tanks to take care of now and would like to SEE my fish,

They are good little hunters and were always stalking/searching for tiny prey in the moss and plants. Reason why my shrimp population didn't grow very fast in their tank! The fish didn't seem to bother the adults or larger juveniles.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:46 PM   #3

I saw these little fish 2 years ago and thought I would get them in a few months. Never seen them since now I really want them
Old 07-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #4

I know. I'm pretty sure ounce I get this 46 gal set upped,I'm going to get a school for sure. I've found a couple youtubers that I follow that breed them.So I'm going to keep my fingers an toes crossed an keep you all posted.����
Old 07-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #5

Cool. Out of interest. Where was the store?
Old 07-30-2018, 08:37 PM   #6

Well the store was in Bloomington,Il. But I youtuber named lrbaquatics is breeding them. He's out of Indianapolis,In. Should check out he's videos.😀🐢
Old 07-31-2018, 06:58 AM   #7

No good for us Brits that
Old 07-31-2018, 08:11 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Iíve kept them for a few years. I had a group spawn and 2 babies survived. I added a few without quarantine and paid the price. I had 5 and added 3. Original 5 had 2 fry survive. Up to 10. Disease wiped out 7 and now I have 3. Thought about adding more but just gonna leave it. One male and 2 females and they look pretty content in my 20g Nursery.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:41 PM   #9

Cool. Are they susceptible to diseases then
Old 07-31-2018, 07:22 PM   #10

Not from what I've been told. I think the big thing would be to know if your getting wild or local breed. They also have a fair range of water parameters. I just found another breeder in California,selling them 10 for $35. ☺��

Tags
cpd, danio, danios, rasbora

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com