Galaxy rosboras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
At my lfs, I didn't see any. I forgot to ask, and will be checking soon. But in was just wondering about the fish in genral and if they woul fit into this 30 gallon long tank stocking (38x12x18)
1 anglefish( I know I know, give me the lecture about how my tank isn't right for them)
1 German blue ram
1 apistogramma agazzi
1 swordtail( the only one at the store, he's acting normal)
2 bumblebee gobys
3 Julii Cory's
5 galaxy rosboras( if I can't find em I'll get phantom tetras)
I really love galaxy rosboras, but have not seen them at any lfs, do you think they would order any? And how much money for one usually?
Thanks, and how's my stocking

greetings.

galaxy rasboras / celestrial pearl danios is a fish that was only discovered in the recent years, but it is a very popular fish. i'm sure one of the LFSs you have are willing to order them in.

Thanks. They are closed but ill give em a call tommorrow. So on aqadvisor for the tank dimensions I listed above, could I do
1 anglefish
1 German blue ram
1 swordtail
1 dwarf gourami
1 apistogramma
5 black phantom tetras
3 Julii Cory's
2 bumblebee gobys
6 galaxy rosboras
If I can find them. And would they be a good option for cycling?

In the long term they could easily become expensive snacks for the angel.

to my knowledge there is no other fish species that has that striking color while being as small as the celestrial pearl danio.

I'd probably go with a larger tetra like rummy nose or cardinal.

I wouldn't do the angel, honestly. The tank is only 12" high and an adult angel can easily reach half that size; it wouldn't really be fair for the fish. I have Galaxy Rasbora (renamed to Celestial Pearl Danio); they are pretty fish but very shy and small. You'll likely never see them in a tank with larger fish and they could likely become an expensive snack for some of those Cichlids.

Ok, and the tank is 12 deep and 18 high. So at that I think I'll get an angle
I'm gonna try this
1 anglefish. 1 German blue ram. 1 apistogramma. 1 dwarf gourami. 2 bumblebee gobys. 4 albino or Julii Cory's. 5 phantom tetras. If possible, and theese would be a final addition, but if there is room 5 cherry barbs. I don't really want to go through all the trouble and money only to have bad luck with my galaxy rasboraa.

I bought them back in 2007 for $13 a fish when they were first introduced to the hobby. I recently saw them for $4.95. If you can find them at a good price, go for it, but don't put them in the 30g. You won't enjoy them nearly as much as if they were in a 10g.

I agree that the angel would snack on them...

David

If you look in the classified section PC1 usually sells them 5 for $15 + $11 for shipping (if I recall correctly).

Back
Top Bottom