gang valve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBouchard

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, IM a new member and need some help. I have a 55 gallon tank, with a 170 gallon air pump with 4 outlets. Right now I only have a 12" Air stone and a dragon with small air done in is mouth hooked up to a 4 gang valve. The problem is my long stone will not completely bubble. I know my pump is huge for the tank so what gives??

Hi all, IM a new member and need some help. I have a 55 gallon tank, with a 170 gallon air pump with 4 outlets. Right now I only have a 12" Air stone and a dragon with small air done in is mouth hooked up to a 4 gang valve. The problem is my long stone will not completely bubble. I know my pump is huge for the tank so what gives??

Did you try cleaning the air stone. What brand is it. The top fin ones are garbage IMO.

Hi and welcome to AA...enjoy. Has your air stone got a connection at both ends??. What way is the airstone hooked up, eg is all the outlets from the air-pump connected to the gang-valve??

Sadly it is a top fin, I hope to get a better one Friday. The air stone its only a single connector.and all Ports are connected.

Sadly it is a top fin, I hope to get a better one Friday. The air stone its only a single connector.and all Ports are connected.
Try and get an air-bar with a connection on both ends(ebay). This way, air is equally distributed across the bar. Air is very lazy and will takes the shortest route!!. Even the length of the air-line will be a factor...
When you get it, drop it in the tank and soak it for 24hrs before using it. Someone gave me that tip and i find the bar works more evenly..

Thanks I was going to get a bubble wand from petsupermarket.
This is just my preference, but i find the bars better than the wands. The wands can clog very easily, especially if you have a sand substrate.. I know the wands are more flexible but the bars will give you a more even 'wall' of bubbles if that is your aim. Also the bubbles from a wand tend to be finer, which i found left micro bubbles all over my tank... I like the larger bubble effect of the bars... Again this is just my personal preference and experience of both.

You might try using an emery board on it to open up some more holes. Then soak it.

I've used and thrown away several of those.

Hate it when that happens.

You might try using an emery board on it to open up some more holes. Then soak it.

I've used and thrown away several of those.

Hate it when that happens.

I brushed my top fin ones with a tooth brush and that worked. Another thing you could do is sand the entire thing using coarse sandpaper.

Back
Top Bottom