Gar not eating?!!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Walmart

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum, yesterday i got a baby Marble Gar (Boulengerella maculata), and i for a fire eel, I got the fire eel to eat brine shrimp from my hand which was really cool. but i cant get the Gar to eat. so far i have just tried some brine shrimp b/c that's what the store "claimed" they were feeding it. The gar is only 3in long and very very small. I need some help! i don't know if hes big enough to eat feeder fish just yet, but im gonna try to find some baby fish to feed him.

55g Freshwater-Planted,

Eheim Ecco 80g Canister Filter 2236
Fish- 2x Bala Sharks, 1x Fire Eel, 10x Tiger Barbs, 1x Gar

He could just be stressed from the move and needs time to get used to the new surroundings. Give it a few days. Fish can go for a bit between meals without problems.

Yea i went to the store and got 10 rosy reds last night and dropped one in and this morning it was gone so i think he can handle the smallest rosy's i can find. Also i plan to get a 90 or 120g tank when the gar gets bigger i have owned one before it just wants as small

Back
Top Bottom