Garage sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beglely

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright found an add in my paper selling some aquarium stuff so I went to go check it out. Heres what I got:

Rena Filstar XP3 canister filter (working)
Marineland Penguin 350 Bio-wheel filter (needs repair)
2 heaters im guessing about 100 watt (working)
2 Aqua Clear power filters for 20-35 gallon tanks (working)
1 carbon pad for a 50-70 gallon tank
1 20lb lava rock

...and I got all this for $20 dollars! The sale is going on tomorrow too and they have at least 2 10g aquariums and 1 25 gallon aquarium with heater and filter and hood for 25 bucks, as well as 2 wet/dry filters for about the same, several powerheads, hoods, gravel vacs, and a protein skimmer for $20 which im probably going to get tomorrow. Lets just say I got quite a deal and love the spring time!! Pics of the new setup will be coming soon as soon as I construct my own stand

sweet deal. wish i could find a deal like that here. wouldnt mind picking up a few more xp3 lol

yeah this was a goldmine and incredibly lucky. im prob going to get the protein skimmer for the future just because its such a good deal. I would have gotten another 55 gallon tank for 20$ but i when i got back from the atm someone had already bought it. I could have had them hold the tank for me but i decided if it was there i would get it and if it wasnt then it wasnt meant to be....still a great deal tho.

Awesome! If you know how much the XP3 retails for, then you know what a great deal you got. :)

Yeah i got away with highway robbery with that canister filter...trust me my jaw hit the floor when the lady said she would sell it for $10!! Even $40^^^ would be a deal! I was like a kid at christmas. And i examined the heaters further and found that one was a 150watt and the other is a 200watt...so for $2 I was extremely happy.

Back
Top Bottom