Garage Sale Aquarium :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greenmagi said:
borscht....LOL!!! what the heck are you talking about Toirtis!!! LOL.. :mrgreen:

I hear that all the time, but do not know from experience....you couldn't get me by gunpoint near anything made with beets.

I dont just live in Kentucky I was raised down here when I was little.. pickled beets are a staple!!.. there good too.. :mrgreen: ROFL!!! But your right.. anything with regular beets is ACK..LOL

A massive thread hijacking!! Borscht. A cold beet soup generously doppled with sour cream and a boiled potato. Being that my grandmother was born in Russia this was a staple for me as a kid. And, it doesn't taste at all like plain beets. Quite delicious actually.

Back to the thread.... A good way to stock a new tank is to take a trip to the lfs for two reasons. 1. You'll have a good idea of price and availability. 2. Something is sure to strike your fancy. Don't buy any fish yet though!!!

After you've seen a few fish that you'd like to keep, come back to the Getting started forum and start a discussion. You'll learn all about the proper care and compatibility with other species. :wink:

HTH

The last time I went to Big Al's, there was one fish that really got my attention. I made a post about it quite a while ago, it was about Chocolate Gouramis...very cute fish! But I read that they are quite hard to take care of..:(

I forgot to mention when I first made this post, that the people who had this tank kept about 10 guppies and a pleco. They mentioned that they cleaned the tank about once every 2 months, and one day they realized the pleco just disappeared.. :eek: So I guess there is a reason I should REALLY clean the tank well...who knows whats in that gravel.. :|

Thanks again everyone

1 (male) or 3 (1 male, 2 female) dwarf gourami(s), 6-7 of neons, and 4-5 cories would make a pretty cool tank.

I have an all glass 26 gallon that I tried to sell at my garage sale about a month ago for 10 bucks... Just the tank and the glass top. It's got a couple chips in the corners, but doesn't leak... No one even looked in its direction... I have to get rid of it so that I can convince the little woman about a new 120 gallon bow front. Ah well....

Back
Top Bottom