Garlic treatment. Vampires?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFingers

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I was going thru the sick fishy section and I noticed people recomending food soaked in garlic as a boost to their metabolism.

Anyone out there really know if there is any basis in this or is it just a myth like vampires.

Cheers in advance

lol I might even have to get a good stake and hammer now, well they have everything else.

Thanks zags

Some of the people at my barn give their horses garlic powder to keep flies away....apparently flies don't like gralic either

There are many truthes to garlic. a lot of long distance runners will eat it (and I mean chew on some cloves). it thins the blood and allows it to flow easier. (I had a french teacher that ate 3 cloves in the morning.. then came to class :( sure did keep the students away)

I mix minced garlic with my dogs food they love it and I don't have to use chemicals for flee prevention also use ceder extract on them to no flees no ticks.

austinsdad said:
If for human consumption, be careful not to thin the blood too much. Can prevent clotting in an emergency or operation.

Good point Ray. Just as we can overdose it with detrimental effects, there is also a chance of obtaining a dependency. Always use caution and limits with anything that is designed to alter your metabolism.

I don't think garlic does anything to boost metabolism, but it does boost the immune system to help fight off diseases, etc. It's not a perfect cure-all, but does give the fish a better survival rate if infected.

Back
Top Bottom