gave my pleco zucchini..fish eating post!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyApril83

Aquarium Advice Freak
If I knew this would be so entertaining I would have done it sooner!!
Post pics of ur fish eating!
ForumRunner_20130912_092321.jpg

ForumRunner_20130912_092330.jpg

ForumRunner_20130912_092344.jpg

ForumRunner_20130912_092354.jpg

ForumRunner_20130912_092408.jpg

His name is sway-z

i know what u mean . i feed mine cucumbers and when he gets them off the stick i poke in it to get it to stay on bottom then the cucumber floats and its like a dance he dose to stay ahold of it lol.

Its a fun part of fish owning! He wouldn't let other fish by him. He would wiggle back and fourth if they came near lol the seeds that drop the other fish skurry to go eat lol.

Mick enjoying his cucumber

image-2563508722.jpg

Mick having a chunk of steamed broccoli

image-424147009.jpg

He loves his veggies, I bought a screwcumber from eBay for the cucumber, the broccoli just sinks , top fish ;)

Do you just put a slice in? I tried once and it didnt sink, how do you guys do it? I just have a clown pleco and some corys, not sure if the others will eat it or not

Do you just put a slice in? I tried once and it didnt sink, how do you guys do it? I just have a clown pleco and some corys, not sure if the others will eat it or not

Cooked foods tend to sink while raw foods tend to float. I make shish kebabs of assorted vegies and fruits- skewer the pieces and clip to the glass vertically using a veggie clip.
You can rubber-band the to a rock or driftwood too.

LOL! I love the first pic so much. It's like a veggie buffet for them. I love everyone's pics in general. I never knew fish eating veggies would be so adorable!

I boiled it for a minute in a cup in the microwave then cut the slice in half and it went straight to the bottom. Ill have to get a veggie clip

I tried cauliflower and apple once, and my pleco didn't touch them. Im going to put a baby carrot in tonight and see if there's any chew marks come morning. He doesn't move much during the day, I've never seen him actively eat.

I tried cauliflower and apple once, and my pleco didn't touch them. Im going to put a baby carrot in tonight and see if there's any chew marks come morning. He doesn't move much during the day, I've never seen him actively eat.

None of mine were keen on apple either. Did you cook the cauliflower? Most vegies can be left in for a couple of days. I always leave any new vegie I'm trying out for a couple of says before removing. Sometimes it takes a while for them to realize they're supposed to eat it ;)

During the day-time he is almost always hanging on the back of the HOB pick up tube. After the lights go out I don't know what he does, but there's always pleco poop so he must be eating something!

I used a masonry bit and drilled a hole in a flat rock, tied some bakers twine to it and rubber band the zuchini on it. Every other day I put 2 slices in. They come to it within a few minutes. When the bns wander off the cories all come in and eat whats left of the insides of it.
img_2653496_0_d862fe63cc26bd56a9577b3672ed2291.jpg

Back
Top Bottom