GBR Breeding : Take two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
sooooooo my BP of GBR have spawned once again -yay-! Last few times, the eggs got eaten, and never made it to the wiggler stage. I believe that if I can get them to free floating, I can nurture at least 1 to full adulthood with egg yolk and crushed flakes and decap BBS and whatnot. Anyway, the parents seem to be doing better at guarding the eggs, and even attack my hand if I get too close. They chose a pretty good spot, and they seem to be switching off.

Is there any way to take out some of the eggs, and leave the rest for the parents? Or should I just lest nature run it's course? Thanks!

Hello!

Personally, I would let nature run its course. Fish also learn by experience and if this is only the second spawn of the Rams, they will figure out a few new things.

Can I ask what other fish are in the tank?

Hello!

Personally, I would let nature run its course. Fish also learn by experience and if this is only the second spawn of the Rams, they will figure out a few new things.

Can I ask what other fish are in the tank?

3 pep corys, 2 neon tetras, 2 GBR, 8 Rummynose tetras, 1 Glo danio

I bought 2 pairs of rams probably a month or two after you. I've had two spawns the first they made it all the way to free swimming but I wasn't home to move them to another tank and they all died 3 day later. So I would let them hatch and then remove them. Another option is move both the eggs and parent. A third option would be take all the eggs out and raise them. This takes a lot of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom