gbr's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wanting to know of anyone's experience with German Blue Rams... I have a 20g tall planted aquarium&would love to have these as my center piece..

The GBR's can be a little bit more sensitive to your water conditions. Frequent PWC are a must with these guys in my experience. Bolivian Rams are almost as beautiful, but a lot more hardy.

Talvari said:
The GBR's can be a little bit more sensitive to your water conditions. Frequent PWC are a must with these guys in my experience. Bolivian Rams are almost as beautiful, but a lot more hardy.

Did some web surfing,the bolivians are just as cool&are much better suited for my setup...Thx for the input..

Moved to FW and Brackish- General Discussion.

Bolivians are easier to keep. They're neat little fish and I recommend them for a 20 gallon. I think you will enjoy them.

GBR are said to be more difficult but if you get quality stock they aren't so bad. A 20g would be perfect for a male/female pair. Just be sure to keep their water clean by doing water changes and try to keep the water soft and acidic and they will do fine.

So today I dropped in at the lfs to pick up some kribs,tetra&a bristlenose pleco...was only able to get 1 male krib&everything else..really happy with the stock I've gottem&look forward to getting the female krib next week..will try to get some pics ASAP..

Back
Top Bottom