GBR's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoutylad22

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a juvenile pair of GBR's, male and female, off the internet a week ago today. They arrived in great condition and are doing great, feeding well etc. The problem is that the male chases the female a lot around the tank nipping at her. She never hides from him and is always swimming around the tank.

Is there any chance that this will stop? Do you think they will eventually get along and pair up? Or will I have to introduce another male or female GBR to the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't particularly worry about it. When the female starts hiding is when I would start to worry. You could try putting the male in a net breeder for a few days a week to allow the female to rest.

Tank planted up? Mine does the same thing.. they'll be chilling and he'll get all rowdy on her.. she needs a place to hide when it gets to much though. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank planted up? Mine does the same thing.. they'll be chilling and he'll get all rowdy on her.. she needs a place to hide when it gets to much though. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank is planted up, need to add a cave or some rocks maybe. Just been watching the tank and he seems to be tolerating her a bit more. They've been swimming side by side so fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine did that for a while then stopped,
I think it's just a juvenile stage and will settle down later....

Back
Top Bottom