GBR's do i have a pair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leehunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys and girls. Can you please confirm if i have a m/f pair of rams. I've been reading all over this site and elsewhere comparing pictures and i think i have but would like someone else's options.

Pictures are not the best as the blighters are still settling in.

Thanks in advance

ForumRunner_20120526_165716.jpg

ForumRunner_20120526_165716.jpg

ForumRunner_20120526_165732.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120526_165759.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120526_165759.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 56
The top one looks like a female imo, the dead give a way is a pink belly. Id also say the bottom one looks like a male to me. Im sure someone else here should confirm to be 100% sure.

How are they getting along?

They are settling in fine i slow dripped aclimatisedthem over 6 hours as i know they can be fussy and fragile. They have claimed one of the terracotta pots as their home and they are always hanging around together.

Yeah one has a real red belly and the other is yellow. And of course the red belly has the blue flashes within the black spot. Whilst yellow has them more around but not really in it

I'd agree, female and male. If you also look at the black spot, the blue specks shine through on the first one, which is a female characteristic. The second one has a solid black dot, which leads me to believe its a male :) lovely cichlids you got there ;)

Thanks :) if anyone else would like to give the 50cents worth then please do. I just hope they settle in fine and don't have any issues.

Also struggling to think of names?

Any suggestions :)

Back
Top Bottom