Gender?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what species of gourami really. Do you have a picture? I and other people on this sight can do it pretty easily!

Its a powdered blue dwarf gourami. I could try to get a picture.

I don't know if you can tell, but this pic isn't very good.

image-2205355722.jpg

the fins are blurry, which as far as i know is a strong indicator of gender. Could you feed and get a better picture so hes more still?

Fins are indicators on regular size gouramies. Most all dwarf gouramies in stores are male the females are a dull grey color that nobody buys so most places don't cary them. I would guess you have a male.

Fins are indicators on regular size gouramies. Most all dwarf gouramies in stores are male the females are a dull grey color that nobody buys so most places don't cary them. I would guess you have a male.

Ok thanks!! That's what I was thinking too, but I wasn't sure.

Looks like a female to me unless it is really young. The fins are more pointy in males. Is this fish more silvery than blue in color? That is another indication it might be a female. Rivers2K is right about most stores only carrying males, though. I can't tell its color on your image.

Back
Top Bottom