Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-08-2004, 01:51 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to bear78
need more info on tiger barbs

ok thanks for all the info i went and got a small school of 5 all bout the same size. everything seems good but its only been day 1. (hopefully everything stays that way)
day 2 tiger trouble 4 of the 5 r doin good one has been nipped pretty bad. but seems to be ok he hides alot in the plant leaves. of the other 4, 3 have grouped together and r being chased and bullied by the 5 he is the most aggresive of the bunch. all my tanks r full even my qt (have a sick betta) and not real sure what to do bout the aggressive tiger. hes not much bigger then the rest in case anyone was wondering.

Old 08-10-2004, 07:31 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

finally they r getting used to each other they all r schooling together. its funny they all sleep in the same plant pretty much at the same time.

Old 08-10-2004, 07:55 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

bear78....

Chances are very good that the one that is doing the chasing is a male that is taking his shot at dominance. He'll chase the females and the other males until they realize that he's the boss.

Glad to hear they're getting along fairly well.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:27 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

im thinkin i might get 2 more for the tank that way i truly have a small school. that will bring the total to 7 w/no other fish besides tigers. will that upset the balance?

and just out of curiosity how hard is it to breed tigers?
Old 08-10-2004, 10:53 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Should be OK to add another 2 but they might get picked on a bit as they get things sorted out. Tiger Barbs are not particularly hard to breed but they are pretty handy egg-eaters so you'll probably need a separate tank for breeding.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:46 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't think that will be a prob, actually it will be good for the other fish... They will feel better in a larger group..
Old 08-12-2004, 09:31 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

got tiger trouble. one of my newest tigers is startin to swim unregular. he stays near the surface and will swim in circles looks like hes doin loopty loops. other 4 r fine. what should i do. my qt tank is occupied. "when it rains it pours"
Old 08-12-2004, 10:17 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
err that doesnt sound good. id return it unless you got room in ur house for another quarentine tank :0. and after he gets better you can use it as a regular tank. but you probally dont so id exchange it. there are ways you can treat it but its possible it can spread to the other barbs.

most people ask these questions (i probally cant help much myself) wuts ur ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. are there any visible things wrong with the fish. is it swimming upside down, sideways or just zigzaged. when one of my panda corys had popeye it couldnt swim straight and had a hard time balancing on the sand. when my gouramis had swim bladder disease they swam upside down (kinda) and sideways. dont know how to treat popeye but swimbladder i think you gotta feed em some peas
Old 08-13-2004, 12:38 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

well he was swimin upside down and side ways pretty much every which way but straight and then he stopped and next thing i know im pullin him off the hob. and no i dont have room for another qt tank or another tank period. besides my apartment manager told me that if i bring in one more fish tank im gonna get charged a pet deposit of $250. so i gotta deal w/the 3 that i have. ok so whats the deal w/the peas? ive been feedin them tropical fish flakes. what else besides bloodworms and brine shrimp.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:03 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tigers are not picky eaters. I have 3 types of flake food plus the bloodworms and shrimp pellets.
Sorry to hear about the sick tiger. Cant help with that.

Tags
barb, barbs, tiger, tiger barbs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com