german blue ram has laid eggs but not lookin after them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TASHANCRAIG

Aquarium Advice Regular
after a few deats to my blue rams i now have 4 2 male and 2 female
1 of the pairs have paired up and laid eggs near 1 of my plants.
i thought great baby rams and the parents were looking after them well for 1 day then left them alone.
after this the other male ram started eating the eggs and then 1 of my dalmation mollies found them had a good chomp on them and now i think they have all been eaten ????
is there anyway i can stop this happening or will the parents get it rite next time and produce some babies ?????
id move them out but only have the 1 aquarium (48 gallon tank 180 litres) :confused::confused:

IME, it takes most cichlid pairs a couple tries before they get it all right. The eggs were quite possibly infertile and abandoned. Then eaten. Or the eggs fungused and died. Who knows...

If they spawned once, they'll spawn again! Great work and good luck with the next batch. Good eggs will be tannish, bad ones white.

IME, it takes most cichlid pairs a couple tries before they get it all right. The eggs were quite possibly infertile and abandoned. Then eaten. Or the eggs fungused and died. Who knows...

If they spawned once, they'll spawn again! Great work and good luck with the next batch. Good eggs will be tannish, bad ones white.

it did look like i had a mix of white and tannish coloured ones was gutted when they all got eaten who knows maybe there be 1 hid away somewhere and srevive lol.
hopefully next time get a bunch of babies it would be nice to see

Back
Top Bottom