German blue ram questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do infertile eggs look like? They're sorta tanish atm. Plus my ph is SUPER low, like at or lower than 6.0....

Though this is the pairs first batch with me, it's not their first batch ever. I bought them specifically as a pair, and they were proven so they must have bred before

Cool, let me know if you get wigglers. I have a 30g running rn that I'm going to house only a pair of yunite rams in hopes of breeding them.

Cool, let me know if you get wigglers. I have a 30g running rn that I'm going to house only a pair of yunite rams in hopes of breeding them.

Update: They eggs now have black dots (eyes if I'm not mistaken!), but I have to leave on Monday x(. I'm going to see if my mom's parenting skills will pass on to fish! I will still try to give ya updates... I have a spare 10 g, should I move them there, or just keep them in the main? I have 3 filters to work with (HOB on the 10 , sorta cycled? Hasn't had fish in a few months..., Canister filter (for my 45g) and sponge filter, which is probably seeded by now, it's been in the main for a few months now.) What should I do?

Leave them in the main.. hatching and raising fry is a pretty big endeavor.. you'll have another shot at it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Leave them in the main.. hatching and raising fry is a pretty big endeavor.. you'll have another shot at it..

Should she at least feed them? (I have microworms and decaps brine shrimp eggs) Seems kinda mean just to leave them for dead...

Oh yah, take care of them as best you can.. if you have a breeder net you could use that too

Oh yah, take care of them as best you can.. if you have a breeder net you could use that too

Wow read your post the wrong way x) I do have a breeder net, should it move all or just some of them?

You should probably wait for them to hatch before moving but I may be wrong..

I think I'll just leave 'em be, if I see some disappearing I'll move I into net.

Gah! Eggs disappeared after a 2 hour trip =_= however, I do notice some dead eggs still on the rock, and the male is still staying in the same area. This leads me to think that they have become wriggles and have fallen behind the rock where I cannot see?

Gah! Eggs disappeared after a 2 hour trip =_= however, I do notice some dead eggs still on the rock, and the male is still staying in the same area. This leads me to think that they have become wriggles and have fallen behind the rock where I cannot see?

I dont think you should too unhappy. This often happens

It seems that it takes a few spawns for rams to develop as a good parenting team.. this being said you may lose the next couple rounds too...

Back
Top Bottom