German blue ram tanks mates in a 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tetras....or any Community fish will work.

I Have tiger Barbs with my Bolivian Rams but probably would not recommend with GBRs since they are smaller than Bolivians.

oto Catfish?

Oh alright blue rams don't need as much rocks as other cichlids right? And unlike other cichlids they won't destroy live plants?

I think you need the hiding places....like any other cichlid

blue rams are very peaceful fish however they will eat shrimp that are small. once the shrimp are grown they really don't bother with them. i have my rams in a community tank with platys, tetras, dwarf gouramis,mollys. they are great fish. i'm sure you'll love them. i don't have any caves or anything like that but both my rams are males so i don't have to provide the same set-up someone would if they are getting a pair to breed. if you want a pair they recommend 2 females to 1 male. here's a care sheet with some good information. :)
German Blue Ram

jpchin said:
blue rams are very peaceful fish however they will eat shrimp that are small. once the shrimp are grown they really don't bother with them. i have my rams in a community tank with platys, tetras, dwarf gouramis,mollys. they are great fish. i'm sure you'll love them. i don't have any caves or anything like that but both my rams are males so i don't have to provide the same set-up someone would if they are getting a pair to breed. if you want a pair they recommend 2 females to 1 male. here's a care sheet with some good information. :)
German Blue Ram

Oh okay well a bamboo shrimp is pretty big compared to the size that they sell rams at and awesome good to hear they can live with all those fish
And I dont think I'll like to breed them so ill keep a pair of males and oh yeah I've been reading up on them on that site when I considered keeping them

Again
They can go with mollies guppies neon tetras
( also I have baby guppies one month old with it
It's a 60 litre rank
Hope this helps

I have 2 Blue Rams in my Tank (formerly a 29 Gallon, just upgraded it to 46 Gallon). It worked rather well, I had platys, Rasboras, Amano Shrimp, typical community fish. The only issue i had which wasn't a big issue, was my Dwarf Gourami bullied my Two Rams. Nothing serious, no damage, and i've heard it happens rarely. They also never bothered my Amano Shrimp. One of my Rams did chase a platy that looked similar to a Ram, but that platy annoyed everyone in the tank, so it had it coming. (again, no damage).

Back
Top Bottom