German blue ram temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy791

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can I keep my german blue ram in a 10 gallon with a temp of 76 it was supposed to be a temp of 78 but the heater doesn't work as well

Well... You really should have your gbr in a larger tank.. I'm assuming there are other fish in the tank? Gbr's do great at a temp if 80-82.

And he'll be the only fish in that tank, can they take a temp if 76

My temp thin has a brown red spot on 78 and a green spot on 76

Do whatever you think is right man, care sheets and experience say minimum 20 gal and 80-82.. Good luck!

Tank is too small and temp is too low. GBR are sensitive fish. He will not last long in those conditions.

I can't agree with this enough... Even in perfect conditions GBRs are hard to keep. Trying to keep one in conditions that you're already being told aren't right is a sure ticket to a dead fish.

Why ask and not listen tut tut. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
my boss always says to me..."do whatever you want..you will anyways" I'm extremely stubborn and strong willed, he gave in years ago :D but...big but! When it comes to my tanks I hang on every word from an experienced aquarist! Thanks guys/girls! You're the buttons!!

That tank is way too small. 78 will be fine if you aren't breeding them or expect them to mate. 20 gallons is the minimum

Bear in mind that babies will still not tolerate the cooler temps very well (since they're more sensitive than the adults), and if they do they'll have very slow growth. The tank size is the only thing that is alleviated by the fact that it's a grow out tank.

Back
Top Bottom