German Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 50 gallon planted tank that I do a water change on once a week. I have rainbows and trying to keep rams, however out of the 3 male rams I have bought over time to go with the female ram they have all died. I know rams need ideal water conditions but the female I have has been in the tank for 6 months with no problems. Any ideas?

Random curiosity.. What kind of rainbows are they?

As for the gbr, I feel your pain. I have bought a bunch of them trying to keep a pair and 1 or the other always dies. I finally have 1 that has lived a long time and decided that I'm not destined to have 2 at the same time. They are just really fragile fish. Too bad I have to trade mine in because it loathes my rainbows.

Don't worry, I didn't have much luck either. They laid eggs but then they started dying off.

Random curiosity.. What kind of rainbows are they?

As for the gbr, I feel your pain. I have bought a bunch of them trying to keep a pair and 1 or the other always dies. I finally have 1 that has lived a long time and decided that I'm not destined to have 2 at the same time. They are just really fragile fish. Too bad I have to trade mine in because it loathes my rainbows.

2 Boesmani, 1 Australian, 1 Madagascar and 1 red irian

Having multiple male rams is a mistake. I could see a few females and one male but your asking for tragedy getting more males than females. Also once they pair, you need to remove the other because the pair will torture the rest in the tank until they croak.

Having multiple male rams is a mistake. I could see a few females and one male but your asking for tragedy getting more males than females. Also once they pair, you need to remove the other because the pair will torture the rest in the tank until they croak.

I didn't have all three males at the same time. Every time I bought a male for my female he would die

Same goes for females, females will fight same as males. They need to be kept in pairs. That last part isn't true either. A pair can easily be kept with many other fish in a community.

Same goes for females, females will fight same as males. They need to be kept in pairs. That last part isn't true either. A pair can easily be kept with many other fish in a community.

I meant they would torture the remaining rams not paired.

Back
Top Bottom