German Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kitekat87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Couple of questions.

Firstly what would be the minimum tank size for a pair of GBR?

Secondly, would they be able to share a tank with a dwarf gourami. I'm guessing probably not but thought I would ask anyway

A pair could be kept by themselves in a 10g IMO .With other proper fish a 20g would be better.
They need to be kept at 80f minimum. They do very well up to 84-86 even . Mature tank and proper maintenance are needed.
I would say no to DG in any tank.
Mean fish highly infected with DGI . Everyone should stop buying this wreck of a fish IMO.

Thanks. I thought that would be case with the gourami but it was my mum's favourite fish so she guokted me into getting it. I guess it's either a new tank or wait until I have room. I know what is more likely ?

I had a dwarf Gourami that wasn't aggressive by himself but I couldn't keep him from bloating. I actually cured it 5 times over the course of a year before he died. I second Bandit, avoid them.

German rams prefer warm water. Most other fish don't like that warm. Also they need lots of plants and hiding spaces to be comfortable

German rams prefer warm water. Most other fish don't like that warm. Also they need lots of plants and hiding spaces to be comfortable
Not entirely true.. they will tolerate nothingness if they have enough company. But yah. A pair should have a very well structured playground.

Not entirely true.. they will tolerate nothingness if they have enough company. But yah. A pair should have a very well structured playground.
They will tolerate but won't be happy. I kept mine alive by providing them there desired temperature and also plants so they can feel safe. Most beginners have rams die because they feel stressed and unhappy. But I keep them successfully in a community tank. But to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom